Friday, December 3, 2010

Blackwood Christmas Pageant

Today I went to the Blackwood Rotary Christmas Pageant with mama and my best friend Sam to take pictures of the parade for my speech. With the Rotary Youth Exchange program, its usual to make a speech about yourself to both your Australian Rotary Club and your foreign, hosting Rotary club (for example, I will be making said speech to my host club in Spain). I figured that I would take pictures of the parade to show the Malaga Club how Christmas is often celebrated in Adelaide, as well as illustrating Coromandal Valley Rotary Club's involvement in the community, (they help organise and run the parade).

Anyway, it was an incredibly, incredibly hot night but I still had a really enjoyable time and it was apparent everyone was having a fun time during the parade, despite the horrible weather. No, onto some photos! :D

Coromandal Valley Rotary Club

On the left is my counselor Andrew!

Sam and Mum

Sam and myself (No matter how hard I try, I can never pull a serious face

The Parade (There were a lot more people, however its kinda hard to capture it on camera)

There were a lot of different 'floats' and cars in the Parade, my favourite was the camels!

There were lots of nice rides,

and some not so nice rides haha

and finally, the last float of the Pageant is usually Santa Claus on a tractor, however, it seemed that this year he had been replaced by one of the reindeer, must have been a little bit too hot haha

Anyway, I shall post some more soon when something exciting happens!

Adios Amigos~


No comments:

Post a Comment